Demand Real Organic Food from Real Organic FarmersNovember 10th, 2017
Sign the Proxy Asking Major Retailers to Offer Genuine Organic Choices
We need the stores we shop at to quit trying to sell us fake organic food from inhumane livestock factories, masquerading as organic, or hydroponic vegetables fertilized with conventional soybeans and grown in ground up coconut waste … or even ground up recycled plastic!
Top retailers like Whole Foods Markets, Costco, Target, Safeway, Walmart, and Kroger must be convinced to provide choices in their grocery aisles for authentic, nutrient-dense organic food grown in rich, carefully stewarded soil.
If the nutrients are not in our soil, they are not in our food …. and they are not in our families! Factory farm meat, dairy and egg production, and fruits and vegetables grown without soil rich in humus result in inferior flavor and nutrition.
Increasingly, grocery aisles are filled with faux organics brought to consumers by corporations that are selling out the true meaning of organics. Help us pressure and convince the CEOs at the major grocery chains to:
- Implement clear signage identifying fruits and vegetables produced with hydroponic (soil-less) practices, so that consumers can differentiate them from nutrient-dense organic produce grown with careful soil stewardship and healthy ecosystems. Like GMOs, consumers have the right to know!
- Adopt sourcing policies from brands that procure organic milk and dairy products from family farmers that provide cows with ample pasture and humane treatment. Demand real organic farms — not factory farms!
- Create plans to change sourcing for the retailer’s store brand eggs to suppliers that allow hens real outdoor access to pasture, as federal organic law requires. Demand real organic farms — not factory farms!
Some retailers have already taken these steps and deserve our patronage. We need the largest retailers of organic food in the country to stand with organic farmers and consumers for the integrity of organic food and agriculture – or risk losing our shopping dollars.
Sign and return the proxy letter today to the CEOs of Whole Foods Market, Costco, Target, Safeway, Walmart, and Kroger. We will deliver the letters to them as a key part of this pressure campaign.
Corporate agribusinesses and factory farms are watering down the meaning of organics. They could not operate without retail representation. They are squeezing out ethical, family-scale farmers and their marketing partners. Real organic farmers, and their loyal customers, are being cheated.
Download, sign, and mail your proxy letter today. We can recapture the promise and reality of organic food and agriculture from the scofflaws and scam artists.
Please return to: The Cornucopia Institute, P.O. Box 126, Cornucopia, WI 54827
Why a Letter Instead of a Petition?
Policymakers greatly discount petitions, even with hundreds of thousands of names, because of how many are floating around online and how easy it is to click on one. We already have a stack of real letters, signed by real organic stakeholders, that we will hand deliver. This type of communication has a higher potential for impact—we will be delivering them in conjunction with meeting with corporate officers. Please feel free to add your own custom comments on the back of your proxy letter!
Share this Action Alert with Your Friends and Family
- Email them the link to this alert on our website: https://www.cornucopia.org/2017/11/demand-real-organic-food-real-organic-farmers/
- Share on Facebook via the Facebook button below