- Integrity is the root of the organic community and is essential to the work we provide to our constituency. The Cornucopia Institute aims for full transparency in its efforts.
- The Cornucopia Institute continues to be a watchdog within the organic industry, working to protect the character of the organic standards while auditing the integrity of products bearing the organic seal.
- The Cornucopia Institute researches, issues, and promotes findings, based in science, that are fundamental to maintaining the integrity of organic labeling, production, processing, and marketing.
- The Cornucopia Institute will be a vocal, visible catalyst for interaction between consumers and producers within the good food movement.
- The Cornucopia Institute works to identify and capitalize on opportunities to partner with likeminded organizations and individuals. We are a collaborative and unifying force within the authentic organic industry.
- The Cornucopia Institute is committed to treating others, including its dedicated champions, volunteers, and staff, with the utmost respect.
The Cornucopia Institute is a tax-exempt, charitable organization incorporated in 2004 under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All individual contributions, grants and bequests are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our tax identification number is 20-1075143.
Our work is supported primarily through individual donor contributions from farmers and consumers. We do not solicit or receive any government funds. We are proud of the stewardship of our resources and are happy to share the following information with you.
The Cornucopia Institute, through research and investigations on agriculture and food issues, provides needed information to family farmers, consumers and other stakeholders in the good food movement and to the media.