Certified Organic Farmers and Handlers: Get Reimbursed for Your Organic Certification CostsSeptember 14th, 2015
Certified Farmers And Handlers in the United States and some Territories are eligible for 75% of direct certification costs (maximum $750) for each scope. This program is available for certified entities EACH YEAR.
- You must apply for a refund every year.
- There is plenty of money to fund this – if you are turned away or limited to 1 scope, ask again, or contact NOC
- Watch for application deadlines in your state – but rules are now more flexible, so if you think you have missed the deadline, ask for help or contact NOC
For more information:
- Contact your Certifier or your State Department of Agriculture. Procedures and application deadlines may differ in each state.
- For more details and resources from USDA see their Cost Share pages.
- If you are not getting the information you need or are turned away or limited by your state, please contact the National Organic Coalition at [email protected]
- For a pdf of this alert go HERE